Ironic Celebrity Sightings are My Forte

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

"Celebrity Lightning Rod" is back everyone. For those of you who don't know, that is one of my many nicknames, and references the fact that I tend to spot more than my fair share of celebrities when navigating the Hollywood landscape.

My sister was in town for Memorial Day weekend and, as most visitors to L.A. do, she was looking forward to seeing some celebrities.

We were out and about everyday for five days, and unfortunately there was no lightening rodage whatsoever. Until...

The night before my sister's departure we were headed to get a quick bite at Urth Cafe in Beverly Hills when a man with a giant chin jumped out in front of my car and crossed against the light, and out of the cross walk.

Do you know the celebrity and why it's ironic yet?

It was Jay Leno and he was jaywalking.

Maybe next time I'll see Richard Karn yelling at his mother-in-law in a home depot.

Thought I'd share. Also, my favorite color is opal.

1 Comments:

Blogger BJ Nemeth said...

Okay, I find the Leno spotting to be hilarious (and his chin seems even BIGGER in person), but I'll admit I had to look up Richard Karn. (He's the Home Improvement guy.)

I had a few friends visiting me in Burbank when I lived there in the late '90s, but the biggest celebrity they got to see was Adam West. Does he even qualify? (This was pre-Family Guy.)

Another time, I had two friends return from a drive saying, "I almost ran into a guy that looked like George Clooney." I asked them if it was a block or two down the road on Hollywood Way ... you know, by the Warner Bros. Ranch ... you know, where they film "E.R." My friend's reply: "Holy shit! I almost killed Batman!"

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home